Vector Systems, Inc. is a manufacturer of skid-based equipment and is looking to hire new welders.
Summary: Setup and weld pipe, structure, plate and sheet metal materials utilizing TIG, MIG, ARC welding processes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interpret diagrams and blueprints to determine the layout of the job performing GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, SMAW and metal fabrication (with emphasis on GTAW and being able to pass a Pipe Test in the 6G position on 2” Dia. pipe)
- Positioning, aligning, fitting, and welding parts for the formation of sub units or complete units using jigs, hand tools, etc. as necessary
- Perform work independently on assigned jobs and tasks.
- Maintain safety in the manufacturing area.
- Maintain the manufacturing area keeping it clean and orderly.
- Stop manufacturing, engineering or other processes as required to ensure safety and production quality when a concern is discovered.
Education / Experience:
- 1-3 years fitting and welding experience (TIG experience highly preferred)
- Experience in structural and Code pipe welding (B31.1 & B31.3) or Code Vessel ASME VIII welding a plus.
- Must be capable of passing Vector Systems TIG, MIG, and FCAW tests
Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to understand thoroughly and conduct welds using GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, and SMAW processes
- To effectively read blue prints and plans
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, rulers, etc.
- Ability to weld carbon & stainless steel and pass weld tests.
- Work location McKinney, Texas
- Ambient air shop but with controlled work environment
- Temp to perm hire positions – Shift 1 - M-Thu 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM / Shift 2 – Fri-Sun 6:00 AM – 6:30 PM (with 10% pay differential. Prompt, Overtime as needed, typically Fridays for Shift 1 and either Thur. or Mon. for Shift 2.
- Job Type: Full-time (thru Temp to Perm agency in most cases)
- Pay: Start ~$16 - $20 / HR, commensurate with experience and passing tests