HR Generalist II (HR Consultant)
Job Summary:Serve as the HR Professional Consultant at a designated campus(es) for employees and supervisors with questions and concerns regarding hiring processes, employee relations and other Human Resources functions. The HR Consultant is accountable for administering and supporting policies, procedures and programs that will develop and sustain an inclusive, collaborative and high performance culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support supervisors in the hiring process by assisting them with posting jobs, approving short listed applicants and interview questions, checking references, initiating offers and offer approval process, salary calculations, and on-boarding candidates.
- Support faculty and administrative search committees throughout the search, hiring and on-boarding processes.
- Provide training to search committees on the process and related systems.
- Develop and maintain a pool of qualified candidates to meet the on-going staffing needs of the college.
- This may include hosting and attending hiring events, contacting community services and peer institutions, employment agencies and internet sites.
- Answer and resolve employment related inquiries and provide internal and external clients with complete and accurate information based on District policies and procedures.
- Provide insight and guidance as needed on various federal, state, local regulations and College District policies and procedures affecting hiring, retention, performance management/coaching and leadership, to ensure policies and procedures are applied fairly and consistently.
- Provide guidance and direction to supervisors and employees involving employee relations issues and concerns with the purpose of supporting business imperatives, enhancing performance, monitoring employee discipline and developing a high performance culture.
- Assist supervisors with drafting coaching and disciplinary documentation.
- Log and track employee relations issues.
- Report employee relations issues to HR Manager of Employee Relations and the HR Director of Employment and Professional Development.
- Assist in administering the performance appraisal process and following up with supervisors to ensure that all probationary and annual performance appraisals are conducted in a timely manner.
- Assist the HR Manager of Professional Development with the development and implementation of HR-related training.
- Conduct HR-related training for employees and supervisors as directed.
- Prepare monthly board reporting documentation, requests for personnel (RFP) documents, and employment change requests.
- Prepare and process exit position change documentation and notify appropriate staff regarding employee resignations, terminations and changes.
- Assist in the development, streamlining, implementation and documentation of human resources processes and procedures.
- Review, analyze, summarize and compile reports and data from various HRIS systems.
- Assist with the development, troubleshooting, testing and end-user support and training for various HR systems.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferred.
Five (5) years of directly related experience required.
Licenses and Certifications
PHR/SHRM certification preferred
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
Please visit https://collin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/ExternalStaffCareerSite/job/McKinney-Campus/Human-Resources-Generalist-II_R-2451 for more information