Child Health Insurance Case Manager
- Title: Child Health Insurance Case Manager
- Department: Government and Community Relations
- Type: Contract (through June 2022 with potential for extension)
- Serve as a bilingual specialist on the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Medicaid eligibility process, benefits and documentation requirements.
- Act as liaison to ensure community based organizations, school campuses, and other partner organizations are equipped with appropriate bilingual outreach materials and family incentives.
- Work with Program Manager(s) to develop and maintain working relationships with community-based organizations, partners and school campus staff for the purposes of CHIP/Medicaid enrollment.
- Motivate school staff and community volunteers to assist families of uninsured children to apply for CHIP/Medicaid.
- Effectively communicate with families in Spanish and/or English in a culturally-appropriate manner.
- Assist families with eligible children to complete applications for CHIP, Medicaid and other benefits, as appropriate; refer families to other agencies for assistance with other needs.
- Arrange and participate in bilingual outreach targeting families of children eligible for CHIP and/or Medicaid.
- Identify and expand outreach opportunities in designated geographic areas.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Is skilled in a range of processes, procedures and systems to carry out assigned tasks or has developed deep skills in a single area.
- Understands the roles of all immediate team members and has a good understanding of how own team integrates with others.
- Regularly provides guidance and support to more junior team members on challenging problems; helps them balance their workload and apply their skills.
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or occur infrequently based on practice and existing precedents Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team.
- Uses discretion to modify work practices and processes (but not policies or procedures) to achieve results or improve efficiency.
- Clearly and accurately conveys complex information.
- At least 3 years related experience
- At least 3 years previous experience in community outreach, public relations or special events
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Spanish bilingual proficiency
- Valid Texas Driver’s License (This position is remote and will require driving.)
Outreach representatives have a satellite location at the Children’s Health location in Dallas. This position requires working remotely at partner agencies, schools, and other locations as needed within the Collin County Region.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. This position description is subject to modification.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume, one-page cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.