Hugs Cafe Kitchen Manager
The Kitchen Manager position is responsible for overseeing kitchen operations, including food production, food safety and sanitation. The Kitchen Manager provides leadership to all kitchen staff, supports teammates in growth and development and ensures that teammates are involved in skill-level appropriate tasks. The Kitchen Manager will work in conjunction with the General Manager in requested duties for both front and back of the house.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee kitchen staff; Teammate, Mainstream, and Volunteers
- Coach and lead teammates and utilize established guidelines and procedures to achieve their professional goals.
- Be readily available to ensure guest service satisfaction
- Responsible for receiving catering orders and ensuring the necessary inventory is available and order is prepared/delivered/compensated.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is clean and in excellent working service by inspecting personally and scheduling and following routine maintenance.
- Work with general manager to integrate menu specials and maintain those items and any menu changes on the point of sale.
- Control food costs by maintaining recipe standards and guidelines. Maintain food inventory and place orders with vendors to ensure proper inventory of restaurant needs.
- Provide “Star Service” to all guests with courtesy and friendliness. Strive to go above and beyond guests needs.
- Oversee and participate in coaching teammates and staff to ensure that all menu items are consistent to the recipes, portions, and serving standards.
- Involve Teammates in every aspect possible of kitchen and encourage cross-training of line/dish/front of house duties.
- Exercise humility and a servant spirit in teaching and guiding all Teammates and staff.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- 1-4 years of food service experience in a full-service restaurant
- 1-2 years in management position
- Strong Communication and Leadership Skills
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible shifts/hours.
- Ability to achieve Manager’ Food Service Certification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, and Access