Assistant Manager - Operations
Welcome to InTouch Credit Union!
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity that will let you develop your financial industry knowledge and enhance your professionalism? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team of dedicated individuals helping to bring the latest technological advancements, service models and essential products to a growing member base? Have you considered a career with an organization that emphasizes the value of every employee with employee-specific paths for growth, paid volunteer hours and other exciting benefits? If so, InTouch Credit Union wants to hear from you!
A Little About Us
InTouch Credit Union (ITCU) currently serves more than 91,000 members across the United States and 20 other countries, through 13 physical locations and a convenient mobile/online service model. We are always looking for innovative ways to deliver outstanding member assistance, whether that’s through concierge-banking in our locations, through video services by way of our new interactive teller machines or in the leadership roles behind the scenes.
Our goal for our staff is to provide a work environment that offers team-building, recognition and a sense of belonging in a work place you can contribute to, bolstering your career satisfaction. We operate with an open-door policy, meaning your voice will be heard, and your suggestions will be considered. Our strong team environment supports both employees and our credit union members. We rely on each other, and we build trust through our core values: Trust, Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Teamwork!
Alright, Enough about Us... Who are We Looking For?
- Full -Time Operations Support Assistant Manager who has experience with customer-focused/deadline-driven/high-energy environment, and who can provide courteous, friendly and professional assistance to their team, and our membership.
- Our ideal candidate will make anywhere between $52,470.00 - $55,385.00 for this role
- Will follow a Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. schedule.
- This role is eligible to participate in the ITCU Exempt Employee Incentive Program, which can pay up to 11% of the annual salary, prorated based on the date of hire. (This incentive is based on the credit union achieving established service and financial measurements.)
What about the Duties & Responsibilities? The Operations Support Assistant Manager will support the Assistant Vice President of Retail Operations in the management of internal and external relationships through daily functions of the Credit Union's Retail Operations department.
- Work with department and other Credit Union team members to provide exceptional phone, email, and in-branch support for all Operations Support responsibilities.
- Research and resolve external and internal member questions, problems, complaints, and complex member account situations in a proactive and urgent matter.
- Maintain daily, weekly and month end required reporting.
- Monitor department goals and standards for achievement and ensure appropriate steps are taken to achieve those goals.
- Represent the Credit Union as appropriate in its relationships with members, organizations, vendors, other financial institutions, and similar groups.
- Oversee all department related SOPs to ensure they are current, and any exceptions are well reasoned and documented. Ensure that SOPs, polices and business practices are adhered to by department staff.
- Ensure department staff is fully cross trained where appropriate and is operating as a high performing team. Provide opportunities for employee growth through formal and informal training, job assignments and coaching.
- Responsible for performing or assisting with internal and external audits to ensure procedures are being followed and the department is operating within regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Complete biweekly meetings with team members to evaluate progress against goals, provide feedback and reinforce team engagement. Proactively address performance issues when needed and recommend to leadership any performance improvement or disciplinary action. Assist leadership with performance reviews, performance improvement, disciplinary actions and hiring.
- Contact other departments and/or outside vendors to resolve common problems or escalations.
- Manage the setup and removal of accounts and permissions for various platforms used by Credit Union Staff
- Maintain open lines of communication with other departments and work closely with them to ensure exceptional member service delivery.
- Assist department by performing transactions for members including but not limited to open/maintain accounts, process mail/loan deposits, account research, review/process wires, review/complete required reporting requirements, etc.
- Assist with validation testing when key operating systems are updated. Provide results of testing to applicable leadership team within established timeframes
- On-hire-date enrollment for medical/RX, dental and vision coverage;
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability Plans available;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- 401(k) & Roth contributions (matching contributions of 100% of your contributions that do not exceed 5% of compensation and a zero-vesting schedule!);
- Tuition reimbursement assistance for continued education through accredited colleges and universities;
- A special birthday gift to you in the form of a paid day off during your birth month;
- Four fully paid days during the year to volunteer at an approved charity/organization of your choice;
- Employee discounts on computers, dining, movie tickets, cell phone plans;
- And much more!
The Credit Union is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions or privileges of employment based on actual or perceived race, religion, color, creed, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), marital status, or in any other protected classification or status as defined under applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
- Two years of college in Business or equivalent experience preferred
- Three or more years in the financial services industry with experience in card, wire, and online banking operations in a support capacity or other relevant experience. Management experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Basic knowledge of software applications.
- Compliance with Federal Bank Secrecy and Money Laundering rules required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interface positively with a variety of individuals and work as a team with other departments
- Strong attention to detail, ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
All offers for employment with InTouch Credit Union are contingent upon the candidate completing a credit check, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.