Teller/New Accounts (Part-Time, 30 Hours/Week)
Guided by our values since 1875, American National Bank of Texas strives, through the power of relationships, to be the preferred bank of choice for individual and business customers in the communities that we serve. Building relationships with our customers, employees, and communities are at the core of everything we do. At ANBTX, each individual’s work truly matters in building and maintaining these relationships.
From the words of our CEO, Robert Hulsey, “We’re invested because we live in these communities, too, and we’ve built personal connections with our customers that go beyond just being their bank.”
As part of ANBTX, you will be a part of an organization that fosters financial strength and stability, encourages growth and advancement, and promotes open communication at all levels. This is why we have been voted Top 100 Best Places To Work 10 times!
ANBTX offers additional benefits like profit-sharing and an employee stock ownership plan, with annual contributions tied to profits; immediate eligibility for a 401(k) plan and match; free life insurance, long-term disability, critical illness and telemedicine benefits plus a generous tuition reimbursement and student loan payment program.
The Teller/New Accounts Financial Associate is responsible for providing a consistently positive and professional customer service experience demonstrating a high level of sales proficiency in person on the phone. The individual handles customers’ initial needs, opens deposit accounts, conducts routine paying and receiving functions, cross-sells bank products and services and directs customers to the appropriate personnel for further assistance. Additional duties:
- Opens deposit accounts and ancillary deposit services
- Processes paying and receiving transactions
- Balances transactions and cash ensuring paper documentation and negotiability and an adequate audit trail
- Uncovers customer expansion opportunities and refers customers to proper bank personnel
- Performs account maintenance and related activities
- Adheres to established internal controls on regulatory requirements ensuring compliance
- Meets service standards both in person and on the phone, ensuring a consistent level of customer service is achieved
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years of retail banking experience required
- Basic knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, procedures, documentation and systems; some knowledge of retail products and services; proven customer service and interpersonal skills; effective selling, cross-selling and referral skills; strong mathematical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Word; basic keyboarding and calculator skills
- Must be able to do simple math and carry out written instructions.
- Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Lifting in an office setting may be required up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to move quickly between multiple workstations
Equal Opportunity Employer