Quarterly Luncheon / MYP Christmas in JulyName: Quarterly Luncheon / MYP Christmas in JulyDate: July 9, 2019Time: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM CDTRegistration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.Event Description:
Building a Thriving Community
The McKinney Chamber is honored to have Dr. Timothy Bray, Director of the Institute for Urban Policy Research, to discuss what it means to have a thriving community. Through his work with other nonprofits, including Children’s Health, he has done much research around the health of a community. Part of the discussion will refer back to the ABC Beyond that documents the health and wellbeing of children in the North Texas region. He’ll also talk about a current study being conducted in McKinney that will measure the wellbeing of our citizens by looking at five distinct areas: economic, mental health, physical, social and spiritual. This data will help create a baseline of wellbeing and will drive future initiatives to make sure every McKinney resident is thriving.
EMBRACE: a loving, stable home for every child
At this luncheon, our McKinney Young Professionals (MYP) continue their fundraising efforts for EMBRACE Texas. They will collect funds and gift cards to reach their goal of $10,000.
WHY SHOULD YOU DONATE TO EMBRACE?
- For over a decade, EMBRACE has provided life changing programs and resources to vulnerable children and their caregivers.
- Their services are provided at no cost to the families we serve.
- You are helping children lingering in the foster care system find the love and stability of a forever family.
- You are ministering to foster parents through respite care, support groups and valuable training.
- You are supporting teens who "age out" of foster care without an adoptive family.
- When you give to EMBRACE, you are making a difference.