Collin County Assumed Names (DBA) – 972 548-4185 An Assumed Name is required to ensure that consumers have access to the true name and access of the owners of a business. All other individuals, partnerships or corporations are required to register their Assumed Name at the County Clerk's office, according to these guidelines:
- An Assumed Name Certificate must be filed to begin a business.
- Assumed Name Certificate is effective for 10 years.
- An Assumed Name Certificate must be filed with the County Clerk's Office in the county in which you plan to conduct business.
- An applicant may have more than one (1) Assumed Name.
- There may be more than one (1) registrant per Assumed Name.
- If filing by mail, a copy of your driver's license is required to be submitted with the application if sending a personal check.
- If filing electronically, you must come to the office to pay the filing fee and sign the original document. For the correct filing fee, call 972-548-4185.