Welcome to one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation. In the August 2012 issue of Money Magazine, McKinney ranked No. 2 on the Best Places to Live in America list. McKinney is the only Texas city in the top 10. Money editors and writers look at employment, schools, crime and safety and overall quality of life aspects to come up with the list. McKinney debuted on the Money Magazine list in 2008 at No. 14. In 2010, the city ranked as the No. 5 Best Place to Live in America. McKinney has been among the fastest-growing cities in the country since 2000.
McKinney is the county seat of Collin County and is located just 30 miles north of Dallas. The elements that have made McKinney unique in the past are the same things that attract new residents every day: beautiful tree-lined streets with historic homes, gently rolling hills and other natural wonders, a safe environment, outstanding educational and health-care options, a robust business climate, an appreciation for the arts, an abundance of shops and restaurants, a storybook historic downtown and a strong sense of community. McKinney truly is unique by nature.
Collin County Regional Airport
- Abundant land for new business and aviation expansion
- Home of the Texas Instruments and Hewlett-Packard fleets
- Convenient, close to business centers and committed to safety
Health Care Facilities
- State-of-the-art regional hospitals - Medical Center of McKinney, Baylor Medical Center at McKinney, Methodist McKinney Hospital, Texas Presbyterian Hospital Allen, Centennial Medical Center
- Health care professionals and physicians representing varied specialties
- Cancer, stroke and surgery centers
Outstanding Educational Opportunities
Historic Downtown Square District
Master-Planned Communities & Recreational Opportunities
Growing Retail & Shopping Centers
- An impressive restaurant lineup: Rick's Chophouse, Sauce on the Square, Ruggeri's, Petra, Rockfish, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Chili's, Applebees, El Chico, unique one-of-a-kind downtown dining experiences and many more!
- Great shopping including Belk, Walmart Super Centers, Office Depot and the Historic Downtown
Economic Development Incentives
- Experian, Torchmark, Raytheon and Encore Wire all call McKinney home
- An accredited 4 star Chamber of Commerce
Location, Location, Location
- 36 miles north of Dallas on U.S. 75 (Central Expressway)
- The Sam Rayburn Tollway provides a direct link to DFW International Airport
- Easy access to major thoroughfares
For more relocation information, visit the City of McKinney and McKinney Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) websites.